Welcome to Fix It Kapiti
The team at Fix It Kapiti are experts at everything from major house additions and alterations such as this one shown, to renovating bathrooms, kitchens, conservatories, decks, landscaping and maintenance work. They are a versatile team of Professional Builders who take pride in providing the dream to the client.
To the left is our latest New home build....click here for more images
Rudy advises 'the building industry has recently had some bad press, thanks to leaky homes and ‘cowboy’ operators who are more interested in making a quick buck than doing a good job. Which is why we are certified and operate to best building practices'.
Fix It Kapiti is the leading building company for the coast, covering Papakowhai, Whitby,Paramata, Plimmerton, Raumati, Paraparaumu, Waikanae andOtaki, only Fix It Franchise’s offer you Fix It's unique written Peace of Mind Guarantee.
Call now for a free in-home consultation on (04) 297 2893.
Sorry this has taken so long to send to you, but just wanted to thank you for the job.
We were pleasantly surprised and pleased to see the house looking so sorted when we got there (to the extent of your tradesmen putting back the chairs and curtains as well).
Thank you and please thank them on our behalf. Ceiling looks great.
Jeanine - March 2013
Read more below...
Three good reasons to improve and not move!
- Moving is expensive. The real estate agent's commission and moving expenses can cost more than $20,000. And most buyers want to make changes to their new home anyway.
- Get the home you really want. If you’re happy with your home’s location, neighbours and section, it may only take a makeover here and a tweak there, to transform a good home into a great one. Consider adding extra rooms to gain additional space, or installing French doors and a deck to open up the house to the great outdoors and create ideal indoor/outdoor flow.
- Renovating is one of the best investments there is. Apart from capturing your home’s full potential in terms of resale value, a makeover or renovation can really improve your family's lifestyle and sense of space, especially if it’s a two-bedroom house and you add another bedroom, or if you open up one side or build up to take advantage of views.
Rudy's Top Tips
Future Proofing your home.
When looking to renovate, don't just focus on the design but look at how to maximise the energy efficiency to both provide a cosy environment as well as lower on-going power costs. Look closely at the layout of your home to achieve a result that provides a whole-of-life solution.
So what is Whole-of-life?
This is about your home having the ability to provide comfort into the future, no matter who lives in the house.
The floors should be at ground level and all the rooms should be easily accessible, this also includes access for a wheelchair. So the doorways should be wide enough to accommodate this scenario. Light fixtures and fittings are easily reached, whether you are sitting down or unable to bend over.
The home should be well insulated, ceiling, walls and floors. An eco-friendly heating system should be installed.
What our clients say...
Many thanks for the work Fix-It Building Supplies carried out for us in our home last month. We found both the builder Todd and the painter Stacey were a pleasure to have in our home. Both were most particular in their work and constantly checked that what they were doing was what we actually required.
We have found no minor defects that have required us to call any of your workers back since their final visit. We are delighted with the end result and have had many compliments on the ‘new look’.
Regards, Nelda and Peter Hotop - November 2011
... thank you for the high quality work and service ... The project was made easier by your team's professionalism ... I am more than happy to recommend your services ... " Mark and Mary Powell - see full letter below
Who else offers you this much peace of mind?
1. Our Guarantee to Do the Job Right
2. Our Guarantee of Workmanship
3. Our Guarantee on Materials
4. Our Guarantee of The Right Person
5. Our Guarantee of Service Standards
6. Our Guarantee of Insurance Protection
7. Our Guarantee of Health and Safety
8. Our Guarantee of Fixed Price
9. Our Guarantee of Completion Date
10. Our Guarantee to Put It Right
Rudy van Vlerken
Licenced Building Practitioner # BP104768
Rudy is a member of the NZ Certified Builders Association and he only employ's qualified Builders and trades men. He not only has advanced building qualifications, but as he will soon tell you, he has been in the industry for more than 35 years, and in that time, there are few challenges that he has not tackled, including all manner of home renovations and additions.
There are few who would surpass Rudy for the quality of his advice and ideas. Rudy takes pride in the fact that he has four sons working for him, three qualified and one apprentice, and all are as passionate about new homes as he is.
Ph: (04) 297 2893
or Ph: 0800 CAN FIX (0800 226 349)
Give your bathroom a makeover...
If you’re dreading the prospect of using your cold, damp, grotty bathroom for the rest of the winter, talk to us! All it takes is one call and you can have that new bathroom in a jiffy.
A bathroom renovation can improve the liveability and resale value of your home more than just about any other room (unless you have serious problems elsewhere or a really terrible kitchen).
It may not be a brand new bathroom you need. Sometimes all it takes is a carefully considered makeover. Your bathroom will be revitalised ... and you'll save hundreds or even thousands.
What’s more, we will make your bathroom makeover or renovation easy and stress-free because our team of builders, plumbers, electricians, painters and tilers will get the project completed without delay.
As a general rule of thumb, Rudy advises:
New kitchen: Spend 5% to 8% of property’s value.
New bathroom: Spend 4% to 8% of property’s value.
Landscaping: Spend 3% to 5% of property’s value.
Call now for a free in-home consultation on (04) 297 2893.
Introducing the exclusive written Fix It Peace of MindGuarantee
Everyone in our industry claims they guarantee their work, but only we offer the Fix It Peace of Mind Guarantee in writing, providing you with not one, but 9 guarantees, including our guarantees to:
- Do the job right first time
- Stand behind our workmanship for 5 years
- Warranty the materials supplied by us
- Provide the right person for the job
- Abide by Fix It’s written Service Standards
- Provide the protection of Public Liability Insurance
- Comply with all Health and Safety regulations
- Provide you with a fixed price
- Complete your project on time